How do I schedule an appointment?
The best way to schedule an appointment is to call or email your request. If you have questions before you schedule email Dr Quattro. She will help you decide if this is the right medicine for you.
What do I bring to the new patient appointment?
- It is helpful to bring all of your current medications, vitamins and supplements that you are currently taking.
- If you have existing medical records, laboratory results, and diagnostic reports, please arrange them in chronological order.
- Arrive 15 -20 minutes before your appointment time to fill out forms —unless you have downloaded and completed them before your visit.
- There is a fragrance-free policy in the office since some patients can become significantly ill with exposure to perfumes and scented skin- and hair-care products.
What should I expect during an acupuncture treatment?
- Wear loose clothing on the day of the treatment and have something to eat one or two hours before the treatment.
- If you have any special needs to provide support for your body while lying down mention them when you arrive.
- Do not expect to feel pain. Japanese acupuncture is a near painless technique because it uses very thin needles and a shallow insertion. Some applications of Japanese acupuncture do not require needle insertion at all.
- It is best not to schedule any demanding activities or exercise workout for at least two to three hours after acupuncture to allow longer-lasting benefits from the treatment. It is a good idea to plan on having something light to eat after a treatment.
Do I need a primary care physician?
The practitioners at this office are not primary-care providers. Although they treat most varieties of non-acute medical conditions they are not a member of any insurance plans. They do not have hospital privileges and do not take overnight or weekend emergency calls.
It is recommended that you have a primary care doctor and you keep records of all your laboratory tests and medical records.
Nutrition & Exercise
For those who are interested in how to change their diet and restock their kitchen with more natural foods, Dr. Quattro will provide personalized guidance on how to shift to a healthier diet and lifestyle to improve you and your family’s health.
Daily health restorative exercise programs are offered including Qi Gong, Yoga, and meditation instruction for strengthening, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
What should I expect on the first appointment?
There are two types of new patient appointments:
1. The Comprehensive New Patient Appointment includes a comprehensive medical history and consultation. Medications, vitamins, and dietary supplements are reviewed as well as a diet history.
Together we design a Personalized Health Plan that may include suggestions for laboratory and diagnostic testing. The health plan also includes suggestions for vitamin and dietary supplement and food-planning strategies.
Follow up Consultations are usually scheduled 2 or 3 weeks after the first visit to review any new laboratory tests, medications, or nutritional supplements. Then follow up as needed.
2. The Acupuncture New Patient Appointment is scheduled for one hour. This usually consists of a targeted medical history and review of your health concerns. You receive an acupuncture treatment at that time, and are given suggestions for dietary supplements, herbs and a personalized health plan.
Follow Up Japanese Acupuncture Treatments are usually scheduled every week for 4 -6 treatments then every other week until a maintence treatment is established for once every one to two months. This provides consistency in results and longer lasting effects.
What is the general course of treatment?
Typically, after the first visit, the follow-up appointments consist of a review of laboratory tests and previous treatments and suggestions. Referrals may also be suggested for more specialized care. Follow- up laboratory work is often recommended after a few months of care in order to check on your progress.
What type of payments are accepted? Do you accept insurance?
The office is a fee-for service practice. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted. If you have insurance, you will be given a medical superbill with the diagnostic codes your insurance can use to reimburse you according to their policies.
Dr. Quattro offers phone consultation and follow-up calls.
She also offers phone consultations to professionals who are interested in treatment using Integrative Medicine.